So I don't know how to start a blog other than to just write about what I'm doing. Today is the second day of my two-day garage sale, and my house is still full, It's just missing most of my (former) favorite things. I realized that I was going to have to get rid of everything, but I didn't think it would suck this much. I think that the idea of leaving everything, of shedding the world, is a lot more appealing when you don't have to part with each belonging individually for a quarter of it's worth and to some grim old antique dealer. At least it's slow right now, because it's 9am on a Sunday in Memphis. If that doesn't automatically make sense to you, then you probably haven't spent much time in the Bible Belt.
Last night I went with Les to see my friend's play, The History Boys, and spent the small amount of time before the show and that of the intermission frantically emailing a few of my friends from the campaign looking for an extra ticket to the inauguration this week. They came through big time, finding a second ticket for my driving partner, and thereby allowing me to make the trip at all. But now I just got off the phone and my friend doesn't think he can go anymore because he won't get back in time for a class, so I need to start working on finding someone else that wants to go...
Waiting to hear back.. In the mean time, I bought a camera specifically for my time in Thailand, and I intend on a lot of this blog to be pictures. Two reasons: 1) I think I'm a better photographer than a writer, and 2) in theory, this will be quicker, making it more likely that I'll be able to post more often. We'll see about #2, but in the mean time I thought I would post some pictures of the house. except that I couldn't find many good ones and that I need to work on finding someone else to travel with. The gripping conclusion and some photos to follow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment